SGS publishes 2011 Sustainability Report
Business excellence and operational efficiency drive business growth and sustainability at SGS
SGS publishes its third Corporate Sustainability Report alongside its Annual Report and Business Overview, providing a detailed and integrated account of business and sustainability performance of the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company.
2011 achievements include:
- Annual increase in revenues of 13.7% (constant currency basis), with an operating profit of CHF 534 million.
- SGS listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for third consecutive year.
- Twenty-two businesses acquired across 12 countries.
- Code of Integrity revised across the SGS Group.
- Close to 8,000 new employees recruited worldwide and new on-boarding programme developed.
- Nearly 10,000 employees completed sustainability e-learning modules.
- Sustainability workshops involving more than 300 key decision-makers.
- Sustainability performance tracked using over 85 performance indicators.
- Reduction in carbon intensity per headcount from 4.5 to 4.2 tonnes CO2.
- 12,500 tonnes CO2 of clean power invested through renewable energy certificates.
- Improved performance in sickness absence and lost-time incident frequency rates.
- 300 community projects supported by SGS employees worldwide.
The Report has been confirmed by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) as achieving Level B+ of the GRI G3.1 Guidelines. It offers a detailed insight into SGS’ contribution to sustainability through its professional services as well as its corporate sustainability agenda. Importantly, it discusses how SGS is managing its social and environmental footprint whilst supporting the Company’s ambitious plan to grow the business by 20% by 2014.
SGS Corporate Sustainability Report 2011 is also available as a custom-generated HTML file.
For further information, please contact:
Jean-Luc de Buman
Communications & IR
1 place des Alpes
CH - 1211 Geneva 1
t: (+41-22) 739 91 11
f: (+41-22) 739 92 00
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 70,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,350 offices and laboratories around the world.